LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive: Very Smart Looking Drive
LaCie and Porsche Design Group recently announced the LaCie Porsche Design mobile drives that aim to deliver high capacity. The mobile drives comes out in a smaller size (only 10mm thick) for the 1TB or 2TB, with the 4TB coming in twice as thick, 21mm, but still fairly compact.
The LaCie Porsche Design Mobile 4TB version has dimensions of 128 mm x 84 mm x 21 mm and weighs 315 grams. It comes out with a quick start guide, as well as a USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C to Type-C cable (rated for Super Speed USB 10 Gbps) and a Type-C to Type-A cable.
The LaCie Porsche Design Drives offer the new USB-C connector for next-gen computers like the latest MacBook. This feature makes the drive incredibly easy to connect and since both ends of the cable are identical, and the connector is reversible. As a result, there is no wrong way to connect the drive to a USB-C computer. This drives also deliver fast transfer speeds, so users can drop and drag files and perform backups quickly. Plus, they are compatible with standard USB 3.0 (Type-A) ports thanks to the included adapter cable.
The LaCie Porsche Design mobile drives are available now at the Apple Store with the 2TB Gold being an Apple store exclusive. This drives begin at $109.95 for the 1TB, $149.95 for the 2TB, and $229.95 for the 4TB.
LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Specifications:
- Capacity: 1TB, 2TB | 4TB
- Weight: 193g/6.8oz. | 315g/11.1oz.
- Interface transfer: 5 Gb/s (maximum theoretical bus speed)
- Interface: USB 2.0 | USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 compatible using included USB-C to USB adapter cable
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 84×128×10mm (3.3×5×0.4in.) | 84×128×21mm (3.3×5×0.8in.)
- LaCie Private-Public (protect data along with AES 256-bit encryption)
- LaCie Backup Assistant (easy way to set up automatic computer backups)
- Eco mode (for energy savings)
- Computer with a USB-C or USB Type-A port
- Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
- Latest version of Mac OS X 10.5 and later / Windows 7 and later.